Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Transformation

A week or so ago I bought a sweater at the thrift store for a couple of bucks made out of a double strand of ribbon yarn. Here is the before picture

And here is what I turned it into, in about 5 or 6 hours of knitting between Sunday evening and Monday morning.

It's just a long rectangle in wrap/drop stitch, folded crosswise and sewn up along the long edge from the bottom towards the neck, and makes an asymmetrical poncho. I added fringe on one side only.I used size 17 needles, and 36 stitches across.

I've gotten lots of compliments on this $2 beauty! Quick and easy! (and gotta love the low cost!)

2 comments:

Miriam said...

YAY! Recycling Thiftstore sweaters is the BEST! I wish I had some better quality ones in my thrift store. Your shawl is just lovely, and I really like the angles.

Miriam

karrie said...

That really looks great!