Thursday, January 20, 2005

So glad it's done!



Phew! I'm so relieved to have this project done. It seems like I knit on this bag forever! I stopped counting at 20 hours. I still need to do the needle felted sheep on the other side where there is no pocket...that will be the front. I'm glad that at least I enjoyed the yarn...the colors and feel of the yarn were great. It was just a lot of boring rounds to knit the main part of the bag. Plus, when knitting the pockets (by picking up along the bottom edge and knitting upwards) there was a lot of weight on the needles at that point being held up by a small amount of stitches. But...it's DONE and on display at the shop to advertise the upcoming class. I'll probably go in today or tomorrow to do the needle felting to finish it up.

The scarves from the last post are both off the needles, and waiting for fringe. The Alternating Elegance scarf is going to get a beaded fringe after all. Unfortunately nothing in my bead stash (which has got to be in the hundreds of thousands of beads)were the right colors, and even by going to the biggest bead store in the area I still had a hard time finding just the right colors. But I think I came up with a combination that will be a nice finishing touch for what has turned out to be one of my favorite projects in a while. The Stained Glass scarf has its black edges crocheted on the sides, and I am working on some "funky fringe" that is going to definitely be different! At the same time it will be used as an example for my "Embellishments" class coming up. I'll be glad when both of these items are completely done, though it does feel good to have freed up some needles. My Denise cases are starting to fill back up. I had so many things going at the same time that both cases were pretty darned empty. LOTS of UFOs around here, but I'm going to work on remedying that problem.

2 comments:

illanna said...

Your bag looks amazing! I love the color and the construction! -Illanna from RAOK

Denise said...

Have you been to the bead shop in Chelsea? I think it's called The Middle Bead (because it's on Middle Street). Or is that too far out for you? I don't remember where you live...