Friday, September 04, 2009

Blanket of Love


I started this blanket soon after finding out Kim and Drew were expecting. It was a "stop and start again" kind of project, with lots of other knitting going on in between. When McKenna was born early, I had to get the needles clicking again to finish up her blanket ASAP!

Kim's second shower is tomorrow, and I just took the blocking pins out of the blanket and wrapped it. I am very pleased with how it turned out. Such a difference from pre-blocking. It was a rumpled blob ... and now it's a thing of beauty, if I do say so myself. I can't wait to see McKenna wrapped in this blanket. Each of the 55,772 stitches are filled with Grandma love!

ps... McKenna is doing great, and will be leaving the hospital very soon! Yay!

2 comments:

Jane said...

It's beautiful, just like McKenna.

Becky said...

Trish, that blanket is beautiful!!