Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Hump Day

I can't believe it's Wednesday already! I must've slept through the beginning of this week because, really, it was JUST the weekend!

And a nice weekend it was! Saturday was a surprise 40th birthday party for Mike's brother, Pat. He was actually surprised, and thrilled, which are 2 things that surprise party recipients often are NOT. We had a great time. It was a beautiful fall day, so we were outside most of the time. Food was good, and a game of Texas Hold 'Em broke out at the end of the evening and guess who was the winner! Yep, ME! Yeah! $100 in my pocket for stash enhancement!

Sunday morning we woke up early and went in to wake up the kids with the announcement of "Road Trip! Wake up!Surprise! Road Trip!" We drove 3 hours to
Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, OH. During October they have Haunted Halloweekends, where the park all decked out in spooky decorations and exhibits, set up some of the buildings or rides as haunted houses, fun houses, etc. We went last year and it was great fun, so we decided to go back again this year. Another beautiful fall day. We were there about 11 hours, so with the 6 hours of road time, it was a LONG day. The kids slept all the way home, so they got their normal amount of sleep before having to get up and go to school Monday morning. Mike and I were dragging though...I still haven't recovered :-)



On the way down to Cedar Point, I was knitting along on my Hallowig and made some progress. When we got into the park, we went and had Jake measured to get his 48" wrist band. When we were at Cedar Point in June, he was about 1/8" too short, and had finally grown enough to be able to get on the rides that require 48" height. We headed right for the Blue Streak, which is a ride I'm not overly fond of. So I decided to sit this one out. As I was looking for somewhere to sit and wait, I was thinking to myself that I should have stuck my knitting in my zipper pouch pocket on my jacket. Just as this thought is going through my mind, I see that I am heading towards a bench next to a lady that is....

Sitting and Knitting, at Cedar Point!

I sat down next to her and told her how funny it was that just before I saw her, I was thinking I wish I had brought my knitting with me. She was working on a sweater for her daughter in green stripes. Out of all the thousands of people that were there, I didn't see anyone else knitting all day long, so I thought it was kind of cool that I found someone else with that thought, first thing in the morning.

Yesterday morning I finished my Hallowig, and took it with me last night to my last class. Students and Vicky (shop owner) all thought it was a hoot. I left it there on "the head" but forgot to take a picture of it before leaving it. So I'll head back up there today and get a shot so I can post it here. Jake thought it was "scary". Kaitlyn thought it was weird. When Mike came home from work, I put it on his head, and he said he wanted one, but "not this green". Who knew he would want a Hallowig? I guess I'll be making another one for him. It's a quick knit...maybe 5 hours total. It calls for 5 oz. of yarn but I got by with using one 4-oz. skein of Lamb's Pride with a little bit left over.


No comments: