Tuesday, December 07, 2004

OH HAPPY DAY!!

I left for work this morning in rather a foul mood, having to do with the torrential downpour that was happening outside. Isn't this December? Isn't this Michigan? Isn't it supposed to be a lovely, white, winter wonderland out there? UGH I hate when it rains like this in December. It's already so gray and brown out there without the mud that comes along with the rain..... I mean, it rained so long and hard today that when I was on my way home from work I saw someone rowing a boat across their flooded front yard. No lie. Cracked me up!

Anway, I stopped at the mailbox this morning to put something out to be picked up, but the mail had already come. I decided to flip through it quickly to see if there was anything interesting before leaving it in the mailbox for hubby to collect when he got home (before me) this afternoon.

Hmmmmm.....what's this? An envelope from one of the yarn stores that was on the Shop Hop several weeks ago. Ok, I got on their mailing list....this is probably a newsletter or something....

[Remember the drawing being held? It popped into my head, but I thought, no, it couldn't be. It's been nearly a month! I didn't really expect to win in the first place, because all 3 stores were JAMMED with people doing the Shop Hop, (and really, what are the chances) and had all but forgotten about the whole thing.]

Well, I think by now you can see where this is heading....I WON!!!! I got $100 gift certificate to a yarn store!!!! It was the one store out of the three that Donna (my neighbor that I went with) and I liked the best, too. I was whooping it up in my car by the mailbox when I opened it up, had to call my sister right away and tell her, and then called Donna to tell her too.

Vicky was excited for me too. FREE YARN!!!! YIPPEE!!! Tomorrow is the only day this week that it's not supposed to rain, so I may take the opportunity to try to find my way back over to that store (Donna was driving and I have no idea how she got us there, and it's a town I haven't been to more than once or twice in my entire life......but.....I think I can figure it out with $100 free yarn money in my pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Can you believe it? When I went into work and told Vicky, and said how I can get free yarn for more Christmas gifts, she said I should use it to buy things for MYSELF. I suppose she's right...it's a gift from above. I may have to get a thing or two for "someone" else though. I mean, I am a sharing type of gal.



ps....here's a picture of the Noro Fuzzy Feet. I felted them last night. LOVE 'EM! I also felted another pair of clogs, and Jake liked those better than the Fuzzy Feet (which were to be for his teacher) so I guess SIL is getting the Fuzzy Feet and Jake's teacher is getting the clogs. Shhh....don't tell anyone.....I'm a gift switcher.....

3 comments:

karrie said...

woo-hoo - free yarn! that is awesome! i can't wait to hear what you get...

Jane said...

What a great surprise! And, yes, you should get something just for you. We had that "build an ark" weather here today, too. Hope it's sunny for both of us tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

love your fuzzy feet!
froggyknits.com