Sunday, February 27, 2005

Wavy



I started knitting Wavy (pattern here, Easy to follow graph here) Wednesday evening and continued on at our Borders knitting group on Thursday. I love how this is turning out. The jog where it changes directions bothers me a little but I think with careful blocking it will look less broken.

This scarf is soft and luxurious. The yarn is 100% silk, and I'd call it a boucle though it's not terribly nubby. The yarn used to be a short sleeved sweater that I found at a thrift store for $2 or $3. I did a google search and found 100% silk boucle yarn selling for $38 for 3.5 oz. At that price, I figure I have about $130 worth of yarn here. Woo hoo! Definitely worth the effort of unraveling. I thought when I started knitting Wavy that it would be a nice Christmas gift for someone, but now I'm wondering if I'll be able to part with it. Maybe this one is for ME!

I have a long way to go. This pattern calls for 10 repeats of 44 rows. So far I am through 4 of the 10 repeats. I may end up making it a little bit shorter, and possibly adding a ruffle to the bottom edge. I haven't quite decided yet.

5 comments:

kweaver said...

What a find! Thrift stores rule.

um said...

wow, your wavy looks great! i bet it feels wonderful, what with that silk. i love that it's recycled yarn - a very eco-friendly wavy!

Sharon said...

Way cool, Trish. Don't hesitate to keep it for yourself.

itgirl said...

Looks awesome! You mde me want to make one for myself.

emy said...

Lovely wavy...keep it for yourself!