Sunday, October 02, 2005

A week or so ago I was emailing with Edna about my Bloom Shawl pattern, Blossom yarn (and how it is my favorite of all time) and a few other things. Edna has a store in CA and was going to be knitting a Bloom Shawl for her shop, and had been trying to order some Blossom when she was told it was discontinued. She told me this and I started freaking! NO MORE BLOSSOM? HUH? But then, I thought about it, and wondered why they would come out with several new colors just to discontinue the yarn. Maybe just the colors Edna wanted were discontinued?

YES! That was it...she emailed me back and said she had misunderstood, it was just some of the colors that were discontinued. WHEW!

Meanwhile, because I had voiced my extreme fondness of the lovely Blossom, Edna sent me a little package. It arrived a few days ago, so cutely wrapped in turquoise and orange. I was a little perplexed by the little pin on the ribbon that said "baby", until I opened the card....which says "that was almost us....2 cry babies...hope you like this color... very subtle" . Isn't that sweet of her? She said it was a little something from my "not so secret" secret pal. I am going to send her a little something in return. Now I have another skein to add to my growing stash of Blossom. I have over 20 now, in various colors, which will eventually become a throw. I'm searching for just the right pattern before I get started. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW SWEET ARE YOU TO POST MY GIFT. MY ALL TIME FAVORITE PATTERN IS THE FEATHER AND FAN. IT LENDS ITSELF TO CHANGING YARN COLORS. YOU AND JUST GOOGLE IT AND WILL FIND A PATTERN. EDNA

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that's beautiful. If I keep having around you I might become a Blossom addict as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice typo Miri. That's "if I keep HANGING around you". Heh. Now I'm mortified. :)