Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Almost there

While I'm feeling much better than I was a week ago, I'm still not 100%. But I'm getting there...
I learned along the way that doing too much too soon is never a good idea. I also was surprised to find that sitting and knitting was not really on my mind much early on in the recouperation. I think my mind was a little too fuzzy from the drugs, and I was better just being a blob on the couch or in my bed...watching TV, reading, or browsing around online.

My birthday was good. I got some great gifts. Jake gave me a Detroit Tigers T-shirt (and bought a hat for himself at the same time) We're down 2-1 in the World Series right now, but still hoping we can pull it off. It's been a long time comin'......

Mike, Kaitlyn, Kim and Drew pitched in a bought me a new bread machine. My old one gave out a few years ago and I have really missed having freshly baked bread in the house. This is the one I got. It arrived on Friday, and I have already made 4 loaves of bread and Mike made pizza dough on Saturday. Since it makes a 2 lb. loaf, I could see we were going to go through a lot of bread flour, so we went to Costco last night and bought a 50 lb. bag! Gotta find a good way to store it now. Anyway, so far I've made a basic white bread, cinnamon/raisin, Italian Herb, and Apple Oat.

Mike also got me a pair of tickets to see STOMP on Thursday. It was our third time going, and it was just as enjoyable as the other times. I wish we could have taken the kids, but tix were a bit expensive. Maybe next time.

Diane sent me an awesome felted angora nuno scarf. It's truly a work of art. The base fabic is kind of a sparkly irridescent mesh. Hard to describe, and the photo doesn't really do it justice, but here it is! (the fabric shows through more on one side than the other, so I made sure to show both sides in the photo.)



My friend Jane sent me the Spin to Knit book, which is perfect...given I am just learning to spin. She also sent me some beautiful roving that I can't wait to spin, once I get a little bit better at it. It would be a shame to ruin it (which is what I would do if I tried to spin it now!)

My dear friend, Maria, sent me gift cards to Borders, which I can't wait to go browse the knitting books and see what I can find.

My mom and dad gave me a subscription to Spin Off...yeah!

So, it was a good birthday, holes in my belly and all...

The claims adjuster came to check out my car this morning. He said the check will be in the mail in a few days and then I can take her to the dealership to get fixed. I sure hope they do a good job. I want her back, good as new!!! Poor Yarnbox.....



That's $3000.00 worth of damage! They are going to replace the hatch, bumper and quarter panel. I'm glad, because I was worried about how it would look if they tried to bump it out. I hope the paint matches perfectly. I'll be glad when the boo-boos are fixed.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, you did have a good birthday! Hope you are feeling lots better today, too. That's quite a ouchy your car got.

Anonymous said...

breast cancer video

Here's some useful info on breast cancer video which you might be looking for. The url is:
http://breast-cancer1.com/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.