Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Good Riddance to Bad Company

So my gall bladder is gone. Hopefully it was indeed what was causing all the problems over the past 10 months and as soon as my (4) incisions heal, I will be feeling much better.

I got to the surgery center at 8:30 as requested for my 10:00 surgery. I didn't actually get to the OR until 11:45. Hurry up and wait, ya know? The procedure took just an hour, and after a short time in recovery, I was on my way just after 2 pm.

I spent the rest of the afternoon in bed, got up for some soup around 6 pm, and then went back to bed. I didn't feel like knitting, so just caught up on some email, watched tv, and read.

This morning I am feeling a bit more pain than yesterday. It's a gloomy, rainy morning, so I think I will be going back to sleep for a bit, and then see how I feel. I did bring my knitting back up to the bedroom, so maybe I'll be inspired later.

My mom made me a big batch of cinnamon rolls to bring home with me yesterday (YUMMY!! Thanks Mom!) She and my dad came and sat with me (and Kim) yesterday before surgery, brought Kim some lunch while she waited, and then stayed until I was ready to go home. My sister (and her friend Becky) sent me a chocolate-themed box of goodies...Look!



The candle is "white chocolate mint" and smells really good. There are some of those new Hershey sticks in dark chocolate, some cocoa mixes, chocolate lotion, and then a Soduko book and some thank you notes. Thanks Diane and Becky!

Sunday it was sunny so I was able to get a picture of the yarn I bought from Lynn. Isn't it lovely?



Ok, back to bed for me....I want to feel better for "my day" tomorrow! (though I think any celebration will wait until the weekend....)

7 comments:

Suburban prep said...

Hope you are feeling better.

Jane said...

Well, I think the day after surgery is always the worst, so you should start to feel better soon. Lovely yarn - quite the inspiration to get well and start knitting!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling ok. I'm sure that chocolate and rest will help as well.

Anonymous said...

In the coming days, you'll do better. :) I like the chocolate package your sister and her friend bought for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm new here but I would like hope that you will get better..

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better. I got my prize from you, but didn't know it, so thank you very belatedly!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.