Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, it's my last birthday that starts with a "4". EEK! I'm so old I was born in black & white!

I wish I could just hang out today, to sit 'n spin, or sit 'n knit. Unfortunately I have a lot on my plate over the next few days and need to get busy. I did get to spin 3 times in the past week though, which feels good after several months of the wheel(s) collecting dust.

Today I need to do some banking, run to the Secretary of State to get tabs for the plates on Mike's car (which is in the shop getting a new ball joint in preparation for being sold....we're wishing we had done this before the tabs needed to be bought, but oh well...I digress....)

I also have some more to do to get ready for Saturday at Threadbear's Fall Festival. I'll be bringing a bunch of my beaded stuff to (hopefully) sell. Even if it's not a huge money-maker, it's always a lot of fun to be there.

However, this visit to Threadbear will be somewhat somber. Connor passed away this week. Connor was one of canine members of the Threadbear family. She and Tate could always be found wandering around the shop, or settled in for a nap on the ottoman or elsewhere. She will be missed by many, but especially by Rob and Matt. If you will be stopping by Threadbear, be sure to give the guys some lovin', and give Tate an extra petting too. He's got to be missing his buddy as well. Sniff.

After creating more goodies for Saturday, I will be at Jake's school this afternoon for my weekly library duty. From there we'll finish up any errands I didn't complete earlier in the day, and we'll meet Mike at New Moon restaurant for my birthday dinner. We have somewhat of a tradition in our family of going out for Chinese for our birthdays. Usually we end up at Leong's in Chesterfield, but that is in the opposite direction from where I need to go after dinner....it's Thursday, so it's knit night with my buddies. I definitely don't want to miss THAT on my birthday!

Speaking of my knitting buddies...we have another sweet baby girl born to our group this week. Just about a month later than Deb's baby girl was born. I can't wait to sniff me some more baby head. Congratulations, Miri and Michael, on the birth of your beautiful baby girl! (who was born in color, I might add)

9 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Trish!! I understand your feelings of having the last birthday beginning with a "4", I share that same thing. We just have to look at it as we are getting better. We are like fine wines, aging makes for a better taste.
I hope you have a really good day!
I wish you could just stay home and do whatever too. Unfortunately real life faces us each day.

Aunt Marti said...

Well, Trish, Happy Birthday to both of us! Today is my *first* birthday that begins with a "5." I remember going to school in 4th grade and telling all my friends "My Mom is half-a-century old." I wish I could call her up and say "I'm sorry!"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - you are just a babe in the woods!

Looks like I will seeing you on Saturday at TB - there is a definite void without Conner there - she surely will be missed by us all.

Mitchypoo said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Born in black & white -- good one! Happy Birthday Trishie! Thought for the day: You're not old, because if YOU were old, that would mean I'M old too...so, like I said, you're not old!!

tina said...

Happy Birthday! May you enjoy every second on your Birthday Week (or Month) and be blessed with great health and continuation of knitting, youth and good looks!!!!

Maria said...

Hope you are having a fabulous birthday, friend! Love ya!

Jersey Shore Deb said...

Just happened on this post--and it's MY birthday too! I guess I'm 3 years behind you.
Anyway, I had a nice day, hope you did too.

Deb
http://rather-be.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Trish! Love it that you were born in black and white - I was born in polyester then :-) Hope you have a good weekend and had a good day...