Friday, December 21, 2007

Oh the excitement is in the air!

Yesterday Kim turned 25 (HOW did THAT happen?) and tonight we celebrated her birthday. She chose Ruby Tuesday as the place to go for dinner. I haven't been there in about 15 years. I just got the soup and salad bar, but I was stuffed when I was done. That was THE BEST salad I've had in a very long time, maybe EVER. I love salad. Love love love it. I just hate making it! I wish I could have someone prepare me a salad just like that every single day of my life. That would be so awesome!

Afterwards we came back here for cake and ice cream (which I did not eat, I was too full of salad!) and presents. Then Kim, Jake and I played a game of Phase 10 dice while Drew fell asleep on the couch, and Mike was not long behind him. Kaitlyn went out with friends tonight.

I can feel the buzz building....Christmas is just around the corner, and I am getting excited. I can't wait to see how the kids enjoy their day. I think it's going to be a great Christmas.

The past few months have been much more comfortable and secure, with Mike's new job. I am so thankful for that feeling of peace, instead of the dread in the pit of my stomach.

I got a lot done today, and just have a few more things to take care of before the "big day". I will be so glad when Christmas is here, and we are enjoying the fun of the day. Then I can look back and say it was all worth it. But at this point, I am just plain exhausted. Which is why I'm heading to bed right now.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

ps...Christmas knitting is pretty much finished. In order to not make myself crazy with stress, I told Kaitlyn that her mittens would be late. Hopefully I will get them done before school starts again on Jan. 3. If not, shortly thereafter. I hope everyone loves their handknits that did get done!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Happy Birthday to Kim!! I don't know how these kids keep getting older when we don't. It's a mystery. LOL Have a very Merry Christmas!